A fireplace can do more than keep you warm on those cold winter nights. A beautifully designed hearth can be the centerpiece of a living room, something to gather around that is so much better than the tv. Although, a TV can be mounted over a fireplace as well.
The word fireplace can conjure up images of traditional living rooms or ski lodges but those are only a few of the styles they come in. The right chimney and mantel can be at home in mid-century modern houses, open plan designs and minimalist modern homes too.
And if you’re thinking about how much it costs to hire a chimney sweep, it has never been easier to add a fireplace to your home. Gas inserts mean no chimney maintenance. They come in a wide range of shapes and sizes as well as with different styles of “logs” and flames.
Check out these pictures to see 25 different fireplace ideas that fit every type of home.
1. See-Through Fireplace
2. Traditional Ornate Fireplace
3. Horizontal Gas Insert + Stone Surround
4. Wood Mantel + Fireplace
5. Marble Fireplace
6. Custom Wood Mantel + Slate Fireplace
7. Fireplace Filled with Books
8. Small Fireplace Insert
Benedetta Amadi for Homepolish
9. Fireplace + Stone Seat
10. Master Bedroom Fireplace
11. Cozy Living Room
12. Farmhouse Fireplace
13. Rustic Stone Fireplace
14. Cabin Fireplace
15. Two-Story Chimney
16. New Mexico-Style Adobe Corner Fireplace
17. Horizontal Metal Fireplace + TV Stand
18. Custom Metal Fireplace + Chimney
19. Contemporary Horizontal Gas Fireplace
20. Modern Metal Fireplace + Wood Mantel
21. Fireplace Insert + Rammed Earth Chimney
22. Mixed Material Fireplace + Bench
23. Gas Insert Fireplace + Metal Logs
24. Fireplace + Open Plan Living Room
25. Concrete Fireplace + Mantel
Catbird Founder Rony Vardi’s Living Room in Vogue